Calgary Folk Music Festival recognizes our responsibility to take reasonable and practical steps in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in order to protect the safety of Summer Serenades participants.
Participant adherence to the “big 3” (hands, space, and face) is at the core of our COVID-19 safety plan and we will communicate in various ways to ensure a shared understanding of safety priorities. Signage reminding participants to regularly sanitize their hands, maintain social distance with those outside their tarp cohort at all times, and avoid touching their face will be posted in high-traffic areas. Security and event hosts may provide verbal reminders.
By attending CFMF Summer Serenades you are attesting to the conditions outlined in our COVID-19 attestation form.
- An increased number of hand sanitizing stations will be available on site at Summer Serenades. Hand sanitizer will also be available in washrooms. We also encourage participants to bring their own to avoid crowding and unnecessary lineups at these stations.
- Seating at Summer Serenades has been organized into “zones” for contact tracing and social-distancing purposes. To prevent long lineups and crowding, there are staggered arrival times for each zone.
- Tarps (aka a homebase or plot) will be distanced 2 metres apart around all four sides and attendees will not be permitted to visit tarps other than their own. Volunteers will be present with measurement tools to ensure the correct tarp placement and to remind attendees to stay on their own tarp. Tarp size is restricted to 6 feet by 8 feet.
- There will be visual markers to encourage distancing where queues may form
- In addition to our other COVID-19 safety measures, we’ve chosen to make masking mandatory in shared spaces. This means we ask that you wear a mask when standing in a line up, interacting with our staff and volunteers, when using the port-a-potties and when closer than 2 metres to someone whose vaccination status you don’t know. We are all doing our best to have a fun and safe event and are grateful for your help to make it a comfortable environment for all. We fully support those who choose to wear their masks at all times.
- Anyone unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition will require a medical exemption letter from an authorized health professional.
For more information on what COVID-19 safety measures mean for your Summer Serenades experience, please see our FAQ.
By participating in Summer Serenades, you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to COVID-19, including exposure and contracting COVID-19. Further, you agree not to hold The Folk Festival Society of Calgary, Calgary Folk Festival, or Summer Serenades liable for any damages, loss, or injury related to COVID-19, including exposure to or the contracting of COVID-19.
Failure to comply with the event’s COVID-19 policies and/or other safety protocols and those of the City of Calgary and/or Alberta Health Services will result in a warning and/or removal from the event at the discretion of event organizers. Refunds will not be issued if removed from the event for failure to comply with COVID-19 safety protocols.